17 Useful Tips for YouTube Success!
YouTube is one of the top growing methods of marketing any type of brand or business online. More people are realizing how important having a YouTube presence is to their target market. YouTube videos are now more likely to come up in Google searches if the right keywords are triggered in a specific order. Below are some key stats to consider:
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 80% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
Some of these tips represent simple ways you can increase your effectiveness on the platform for better results!
- Share specific “how to” information – This is the most searched on YouTube. People like to learn how to do things so take advantage of this!
- Business > Info > Entertain – Vary your content using this method. Give info and entertainment while selling your product.
- Give a video tour of your facility – People like information about who is behind your brand. Let them know you are involved in the community.
- Build Subscribers by Asking – Remember if you don’t ask you may not get. Successful people on YouTube are sure to ask viewers to subscribe.
- Engage Commenters – Engaging people will really create a community feel around your page.
- Increase your search engine results – Don’t forget the same tactics used in search engines can apply to YouTube.
- Tag videos with keywords and phrases – Make sure to use targeted keywords in the title of your video. Also make sure to use up as much space as you can with these words.
- Use your targeted keywords in the video description. Make sure to fill out this space with all the info about your video along with information on how to reach your brand in the future.
- Build traffic to your site – Add links to your Social Media profiles and websites into your description area of your video. This will help people find you no matter how many views your video gets. Let them know how they can see similar videos of interest from you.
- Choose categories with keywords – Let YouTube know what type of search terms your video should rank for by making sure to add a category to your video. If you cannot find a specific category be sure to choose the closest match.
- Create a custom banner – Make a custom banner that grabs the attention of your YouTube visitors. Many people that have had success add call to actions on their banner such as “subscribe” or “download our free eBook.”
- Featured Trailer – Installing this will automatically help you get more views to your page because every time someone visits your page it will count as a view. Also, this gives you a chance let everyone know what your page is about.
- Don’t read from a script – It is recommended to not use scripts when you create your video. A good practice is to rehearse without recording for a few times. This will help you become more natural when you eventually end up recording.
- Keep it short- Most people do not have time to watch a 16-minunte video of someone talking. Make your video is 2-7 min to insure you get your message across to your viewers.
- Use royalty free music – If you use copyrighted music you may run the risk of having your video or channel penalized for not following guidelines. YouTube has a selection of more than 100,000 royalty-free music tracks to choose from. This selection has music from all genres, so you will definitely find what you need!
- Be Patient – No need to buy viewers like some do. This practice is not legitimate and can possible lead to restrictions on your account. Building up a fan base takes time and effort.
- Be Consistent – Whether you choose to post video once a week or once a month be sure to remain consistent. Once you gain a considerable amount of followers, you will have people waiting for your posts. This will continue to bring return viewers to your page.
Use these quick tips to get started on YouTube. Remember the most important part is to take action towards the first steps and the rest will fall into place. Make sure you are giving your target audience what they want to see. Satisfied viewers will be sure to share the video!