Joseph Havey is the Director of Social Media for Triangle-based Shelten Media, LLC, a social media marketing startup. He has been with Shelten Media for one year and helps his clients market themselves through a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and blogs.
Joseph attended N.C. State University and studied communication, with a focus on public relations. While there, he received the Bob Larson Communication Scholar award and the Joseph S. Epley Scholarship, for academic excellence. Before working for Shelten Media, Joseph interned in a variety of PR roles, including Cone Communications in Boston, MA, and Congressman Mark Amodei (NV-02) in Washington D.C.
In his free time, Joseph avidly consumes any type of book about 20th century history. He also trains for triathlons, and plans to compete in the upcoming White Lake Half-Ironman in May 2015.
Connect with Joseph on:
More from this author:
- Shortcuts to Creating Original Content
- So Much Content With No One to Read It
- Social Media is Just a Fad
- Don’t Tweet This…
- 10 Things I Learned from Live-Tweeting an Event
- Wait…Microsoft Paint Still Exists?!
- So Your Content Marketing Kind of Sucks…
- Unify Content Marketing with Your Google Account
- Quit Monologuing and Start Dialoguing
- Asking Customers’ Questions: Make Sure You’re Asking Them the Right Way
- Make the Jump to Content Marketing Software
- Content Marketing Help: What is an Editorial Calendar and How Do I Use It?
- 10 Steps to Decreasing Social Media Spam
- Internal Social Networks
- Popular Social Media Buzzwords
- Market Yourself
- How Social Media Increases the Bottom Line
- The Biggest Social Media Mistake
- 5 Brands Rocking on Pinterest
- 7 Things I Learned from My Last Instagram Competition