In this week’s sales tip, we’ll take a look at 5 attributes of highly successful sales professionals.
1. Focus on being productive rather than being busy.
Being busy with this and that only creates the illusion of productivity. Success comes when you slow down, do one thing at a time, and prioritize.
2. Work beyond your comfort zone.Be willing to expand yourself and accept new ideas and challenges. Don’t put off taking on an unfamiliar task with the notion that you don’t yet have all the knowledge and skills required to succeed. Accept the challenge and approach it with faith and confidence.
3. Recognize the importance of other people.Do you know and utilize others that can help you be successful? Much of a sales professional’s success can often be attributed to leveraging people. Consider who you talk to learn from; continuously be learning.
4. Maintain a positive outlook and learn from mistakes.Those who think positively tend to be more open minded, and hence, more likely to recognize opportunity. I think it is fair to say that a positive person makes more opportunities than he finds. The key to mistakes is making a different one the next time.
5. Keep it simple.In sales, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information available – product information, marketing data, pricing structures, etc. Simply judge what is most important to the customer and approach that.
Interested in receiving more sales training tips? Check our the web seminar recap from this week’s free web seminar Strategies for Sales Professionals. This one-hour web seminar covered the 5 attributes of highly successful sales professionals, managing price expectations/price objections, and understanding your potential buyers (and their roles).